One of the top San Diego Events of the summer is always the Festival of Sail, which is held Labor Day Weekend. This year’s Festival of Sail will see an expanded venue, with opportunities galore to celebrate everything related to ships and sailing at the Maritime Museum of San Diego.
The festivities start on August 31 with a celebratory parade. Then, from September 1 until September 4, you’ll have the chance to enjoy fun for the entire family. The Festival of Sail features booths to explore, a kid’s zone, a vintage boat display, live entertainment, a beer garden, and much more to see and do.
Why you should attend the Festival of Sail:
The Festival of Sail is the largest tall ship festival on the west coast. It transforms the North Embarcadero into a nautical theme park for 4 adventure-filled days, and it’s one of the most fun San Diego Events for families who living in San Diego or are visiting.
The festivities begin with the Tall Ship Parade. Watch the ships magically sail into San Diego Bay, enjoy canon fire salutes, and view many ships end their journey at the Maritime Museum’s docks. A limited amount of tickets are available to actually be aboard one of the ships during the Tall Ship Parade, which makes this San Diego Event a great answer to “What to do in San Diego?” for those who love all things nautical.
Tips for attending the Festival of Sail:
- At the Festival of Sail, enjoy daily San Diego Activities including visiting with crew members, kids crafts, face painting, Naval reenactments, photo ops with Captain Sunny and Pirates, a multitude of food options, and so much more.
Location and contact information for the Festival of Sail:
The Festival of Sail takes place at the Maritime Museum of San Diego | 1492 North Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101. Tel: 619.234.9153
More from All About Cruises and More
- Spend September on the Water at San Diego Bayfair
- Learn About San Diego Harbor Cruises
- San Diego Holiday Lights Cruises
- Cruising To or From San Diego: The Best Beaches to Visit on a Weekend Stay
- Luxury Hotels in San Diego for Your Pre-Cruise Overnight Stay
- The Port City of San Diego: Things to See and Do Before Leaving on a Cruise