Yesterday, we gave you some advice and tips for packing on your first cruise. Today, we’ll tell you how to save money when you’re cruising for the first time.
How to Save Money on Your Cruise?
If you’re new to cruising and want to get the most value for your dollar, there are several steps you should take before you book your cruise and once you’re on it. The following are some of the best ways to make a cruise budget last, so you can have a great time without spending tons of money.
- Pick the cheap cabin. It may seem temping to splurge for the most luxurious accommodations, since you’re already investing quite a bit of money on your cruise. But, you’re not going to be in your room that much. There will be tons of activities and things to do to occupy your time. So, pick the cheap cabin that will give you a nice shower and a comfortable place to sleep. Consider an outside stateroom, though, so you can have a view of the outdoors and enjoy a little light in your space.
- Check out all the cruise deals. Before you book your cruise, sign up for email updates – and cruise notifications – from many cruise websites and travel booking websites. That way, you’ll begin to see what prices are like for cruises to the destinations you’re thinking about visiting. And, you’ll be better prepared to compare deals and hop on a great fare when you see it.
- Watch your transportation budget. You may not need to book taxies to and from your cruise port, so save your money if you can. Many cruise lines offer transfers from nearby hotels and airports, and they’re often free or low cost.
- Consider bundled packages. Many cruise lines offer packages that bundle specialty restaurant dining, drink coupons, and Internet usage. These bundles often make it possible for travelers to spend less money than they would if they paid for gourmet meals, alcoholic beverages, and amenities on an at-whim basis. Think about what you really want to do and experience on your cruise, and then consider committing to it upfront for the best deals.
- Along with these tips, many first-time cruisers get fantastic savings when they pay for cruise fees with cash-back or travel rewards credit cards.
Stay tuned for another post that will give you even more pieces of advice and tips for first-time cruisers!