All posts tagged ship visas

Cruise Line Document

Which Visa Do You Need to Work on a Cruise Ship? C1 Visas, D Visas, and C1/D Visas

Depending on your nationality and the country from which a vessel operates, you will need certain visas (like a C1 visa, D visa, or a combined C1/D visa) in order to work on a cruise ship. These visas are temporary in nature and are distinct from work visas or residency permits (like B-1 visas and green cards). In this article, we focus on working on a cruise ship based in the U.S., in part because such a large percentage of cruise ships operate out of the U.S., and in part because the visas needed for employment on a U.S. cruise ship are illustrative of the types of visas you need for any sort of cruise ship employment. Read more [...]
Skip to content